Opened 11 years ago

Closed 11 years ago

#255 closed defect (fixed)

mondorestore failed to read tape

Reported by: drenaud Owned by: bruno
Priority: normal Milestone: 2.2.7
Component: mondo Version: 2.2.5
Severity: normal Keywords: tape mondo dd blocksize
Cc:

Description

I work on RHEL-3,4,5 with SCSI DAT tape driver.

When mondorestore try to extract mondo-restore.cfg and the mountlist from the tape inserted, the dd command is not able to read the tape. I have to return to shell and use the command "mt -f TAPE_DEVICE setblk BLOCK_SIZE".

After that, mondorestore runs successfully.

Change History (6)

comment:1 Changed 11 years ago by bruno

Could you provide some log files please ? Did you use the -b option at backup time ? mondo normally sets up the blocksize to what has been saved at archive time.

comment:2 Changed 11 years ago by bruno

  • Milestone changed from 2.2.6 to 2.2.7

comment:3 Changed 11 years ago by drenaud

Sorry, I don't have any more log files, I'll try to setup another test server to provide some. I meet the same issue when using the -b option at backup time, today i'll try with a LTO tape drive.

I fixed the problem by adding the "mt" command in mondo/src/mondorestore/mondo-rstr-tools.c :

   2272         // tar -zxvf-
   2273         sprintf(command,
>>>2274                         "mt -f %s setblk %ld;dd if=%s bs=%ld count=%ld 2> /dev/null | tar -zx %s %s %s %s %s",
>>>2275                         dev,
>>>2276                         tape_block_size,
   2277                         dev,
   2278                         tape_block_size,
   2279                         1024L * 1024 * 32 / tape_block_size,
   2280                         MOUNTLIST_FNAME_STUB, MONDO_CFG_FILE_STUB,
   2281                         BIGGIELIST_TXT_STUB, FILELIST_FULL_STUB, "./tmp/i-want-my-lvm");

I don't have a global view of all scripts and modules, so maybe you could provide a better solution. Above that, I don't want to use a different version from the original one.

Thank you

comment:4 Changed 11 years ago by drenaud

Sorry to bother you again, I didn't meet any problem with a LTO tape drive. It seems that my DAT tape drive does not like the "dd" command.

Thank you

comment:5 Changed 11 years ago by bruno

  • Status changed from new to assigned

Ok, I'm not sure I got it completely. FYI I published in the mean time 2.2.6 for which I added OBDR suppotr, and thus made some tests with a DAT driver myself. Which is working.

Could you try again with that version to see if you still encounter the issue, and please provide the logfile so that I can fix either by applying your solution, or with another one.

TIA, Bruno.

comment:6 Changed 11 years ago by bruno

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

rev [1990] should fix this.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.