Ticket #600 (closed defect: fixed)
At boot: occur "no space left on device" errors
|Reported by:||vicgat||Owned by:||bruno|
With a RHEL/CentOS 5 mondo backup, mindi boot fails with a lot of "no space left of device".
I don't reproduce that problem with RHEL 6.
Five users signaled that problem with mindi 2.2.1 and mondo 3.0.1 to mondo-devel mailing-list in march 2012.
In fact the errors are generated by RHEL 5 /sbin/start_udev shell-script file, which is started at boot by mindi rcS.
If start_udev is replaced by the one of RHEL 6 there is no more "no space left of device" error message.
Nevertheless, the replacement by the one of RHEL 6 is not a solution because some items are missing in RHEL 5 for it.
For more details, check, in the mailing-list archive, the 27 march 2012 discussion with the subject: [Mondo-devel] mondorescue: no space left on device
I attach to this ticket two screenshots that a user has taken.
- Summary changed from At boot: occur "no space left of device" errors to At boot: occur "no space left on device" errors
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Severity changed from major to blocker
comment:15 Changed 13 months ago by bruno
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to fixed